Terms and Conditions
“The Business” shall be defined as Town Crier Magazines Ltd, based at 5 Broadwater Rise, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5UE and shall include any other related trading names. “The Client” shall be defined as the person or company to whom goods and services are to be supplied. “Goods and/ or services” shall be known to be any item which the Business supplies to any of its Clients for which it is agreed that charges may or may not be applicable. Without limitation, advertising space, graphic design services, printing and leaflet distribution are included in this definition.
The copy deadline for all advertisements and editorial features is as stated in the copy deadlines published in the magazines each month and on the website. It cannot be guaranteed that copy received after this date will be included in the requested publication(s), although everything will be done to accommodate late requests. Proofs of any adverts or editorial written or designed by the Business will be sent to the Client prior to publication. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that any copy proofed and signed off is accurate, legal and copyright free. The Business takes no responsibility for loss or damage resulting from any copy being incorrect, having been proofed and signed off by the Client. The Business reserves the right to refuse advertisements which may be defamatory or offensive or which promote products that may be considered indecent or illegal. The Business makes no guarantee that advertising will receive a response.
The copyright of adverts designed by the Business on the Client’s behalf is owned solely by the Business. If the Client wishes to use any advert designed by the Business in another publication a release fee of £25 will be payable. There is no advert design fee for any adverts published in any of the Client’s publications.
INVOICES AND PAYMENT
All invoices raised by the Business shall become due for payment within the standard payment terms of 14 days from date of invoice, unless extended payment terms are agreed between the Business and the Client. Any insertion will normally be invoiced at or around the time that distribution of the publications commences, normally the 1st of the month although this may vary for some publications. Invoices which are overdue for a period in excess of 7 (seven) days from the invoice due date for any services will be subject to credit control procedures which may include the filing of a County Court Order. Subsequent County Court Judgements and Warrants may be issued. The Business reserves the right to charge compound interest on any debts more than 14 days overdue.
Advertising space must be cancelled by the copy deadline of the month preceding publication. Late cancellation may result in full payment being levied on The Client.
These Terms and Conditions are formed under the laws of England and Wales and any legal claim shall be made in a court via the legal system of England and Wales.
CHANGES TO TERMS
The Business, at all times, reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions set out herein this document without prior written notice to any of its Clients and any subsequent changes will become applicable immediately. No claims will be entered into which may not have been applicable in previous revisions of this document which are subsequently made provision for. Any claims by any client will only be acceptable on grounds outside the current revision of this document. The Business will, at all times, where reasonably possible, make available for viewing its Terms and Conditions through its website.
• Entrants must provide the entry details as specified.
• Open to UK residents only.
• Employees of Town Crier Magazines Ltd and any company associated with a specific promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
• Only one entry per person is permitted.
• Proof of sending post/email is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
• The closing date is as specified.
• Winners will be formally notified within 28 days of closing date. Only the winners will be contacted personally.
• If entrants do not wish to receive promotional material from the company sponsoring the competition they are advised to mark their competition entry accordingly.
• If a cash alternative is available, details will be given on the competition entry form.
• No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
• Use of false name or address, i.e. name, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
• We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
• Entering implies acceptance of these rules.
• The prize winners will be selected at random by the judges or by Town Crier Magazines Ltd. Their decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
• This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.